Sunday, 13 November 2016

Planning for Blogmas- Tips and Ideas for Posts





Hey everyone,

Todays post is going to be all about planning for blogmas and giving you all some tips and ideas for posts. First of for anyone who doesn't know what blogmas is it is where bloggers blog every day from the 1st December leading up till christmas day.
Now if you have been a long time reader of my blog you will know that last year I attempted blogmas and I totally failed at it.
I have decided to give it another go this year  but I have  started planning a lot earlier so I thought I would share my tips with you all and also give you some ideas for some posts you could do.

Tip Number 1- Start planning ASAP

This is probably why I failed so badly at it last year as I left the planning till the end of November. This year I started planning at the end of October which has given me a whole month and I feel so much more confident that I will complete it. If you are wanting to do blogmas and have a lot going on in life then defiantly start planning the earlier the better.

Tip Number 2- Decide what categories you would like to write about 

This kind of ties in with the first tip but once you start your planning start thinking of what topics/categories you would like to cover before thinking of post ideas. 
So for me I decided I wanted to cover a wide range of categories so then when I began to plan I put my categories at the top of my page and just made a master list of post ideas, I was then able to finalise my list and it just made the whole process so much easier/quicker. 

Tip Number 3- Try and bulk take a lot of the photos in advance./Make and blog graphics. 

This for me is the second most essential tip to follow in my opinion. Having 25+ posts go up in one month will mean a lot of blog photos to be taken. If you can and have the time to start bulk taking the photo's in November so that when December roll's around you only have to edit the images. I am doing this right now and what I am doing is keeping all the photos in a folder with the date in which they will be uploaded. Obviously their will be some photos you can't pre take such as travel ones but any other try and do it in advance.

To go alongside this if you plan on using any graphics in your blogmas posts, try and get them created early. I recommend paying for Pic Monkey pro and using them as they have a wide range of christmas images to use. 

Tip Number 4 - Get some posts pre-written if possible 

This just ties in with all of the tips I have already mentioned previously but try and get as many posts pre written as possible. Don't make the same mistake I did last year and try and write them up the night before as it will only stress you out more. 

So their you have it my tips for Planning for Blogmas, now onto some post ideas you could use for blogmas or even if your not doing blogmas just to add some festivity to your blog:

  1. Talk about your favourite christmas jumper
  2. Favourite christmas songs
  3. Favourite christmas recipes
  4. Favourite christmas movies
  5. Your perfect December day 
  6. Holiday Hairstyles
  7. Christmas Market post
  8. Gift Guides
  9. Winter essentials
  10. New years resolutions
  11. Christmas Memories 
  12. Top 5 winter drinks 
  13. Your Christmas day plans/traditions 
  14. Holiday makeup looks 
  15. Holiday books to read
  16. Show us your decorations
  17. Your christmas eve routine. 
  18. Create your own Christmas tag post. 
  19. Winter OOTD 
  20. Christmas night out ootd/hair and makeup
  21. Christmas Party essentials 
  22. Your christmas wish list
  23. Boxing Day sales tips
  24. Christmas DIY
  25. What christmas means to you
I hope you found this post helpful and it gave you some inspiration for festive posts/blogmas. Leave me a comment down below letting me know what are your favourite festive posts to read, and also if your planning on doing blogmas

I hope you all have a wonderful sunday and I will see you again soon, 

Thanks for reading, 
Until Next time, 
Heathers World
SHARE:
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig