Sunday, 5 June 2016

The hardest decision - Going back to university.

I don't own this image, it was found on Pinterest. Credit goes to it's owners 


Hey everyone,

I thought I would do a more personal post today and talk about one of the hardest decisions that I have had to make this year, that was deciding if I should go back to University or not. If you have been reading my blog for a long time then you will know that I started University in September and I left in the November due to circumstances. I won't go in depth about why I left in this post but if you want to read about my story you can find that post here

I knew once I left that I would have to decide if I was going to go back to university the following September, I put off making that decision for such a long time due to me not feeling ready to talk about what happened and if I wanted to go back. In January of this year I decided it was time to talk about what I would do regarding the whole situation.

When I left I agreed to return to the same university and course the following September, what would happen is that I would receive regular contact from the University to help me with what had happened and dealing with my anxiety but I never did hear of them. Then came along the first decision I had to make was I going to go back to the university that I felt I received no support from or was I going to start a fresh in a new university. I knew their was one other university I wanted to go to which was my insurance choice from last year, so I got in contact with them about potentially applying but as I don't have my gcse in english they said it was impossible for me to get onto the course.

So I made one of the biggest decisions regarding my uni life which was to go to a lower rated university in my city that offered a different course to what I was studying in the previous university  but still was based around the subject I wanted to study. I know it wasn't the most ideal situation but I am still happy with the university. I decided to stay local as I have a lot of personal family things going on at the moment so I would feel happier being closer to home.

My biggest reservation is one that won't be answered till I am back at university and that is will it happen again. Will I be put in the same situation as last time because this time dropping out isn't an option.

I think the hardest decision was do I let whats happened in my past decide my future or do I take the chance in the hope that things will all work out well. I don't want to let a small group of people stop me from achieving my dreams and goals. If i didn't go back I would be letting them and fear win and I am stronger than that.

I think overall the hardest part of this whole process is been deciding where I want my future to go and in what direction. I knew personally that I wanted to get a degree to help me in my chosen career, it's not essential for me to have but I knew it was something I wanted to do.

Overall I am glad I am going back to university, this year has been one of the best of my life and hopefully this time it will be different. One thing we all need to remember is that our past experiences don't define us and we shouldn't let them decide our future.

I hoped you liked this post, sorry for it being super long. Once again I didn't do this post for sympathy I just wanted to give an update on the situation.

Thanks for reading,
Until next time,
Heathers World
SHARE:
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig