Sunday, 19 June 2016

Rose Gold Nails


Hey everyone,

Todays post is going to be a nail look and swatches for these rose gold nails. I was browsing my nail polish collection to see what nail look I could do for this week when I came across this gorgeous rose gold colours polish, and I knew I had to share it with you all.

The polish is part of the Maybelline colour show crystal range which I believe was limited edition when it first came out but is still available on boots here . The shade I am using today is 232 Rose Chic. The crystal range of the colour show polishes are textured so it does leave a textured feeling on the top of the nail.

What I have found is that when applying these polishes it is best to apply a thin layer this is due to the chunky glitter particles in the polish. If you apply to thickly then the polish tends to go gloopy on the nail and doesn't dry as fast.

To start of with the polish I applied a very thin layer to my nail, I was pleasantly surprised to find it being very opaque after using just one coat of polish. The drying time for this was only a few minutes as well.

After the first coat dried I applied a second coat just to maximise the colour and to make it even more opaque on the nails, again I found the drying time to be only a few minutes which is great for a cheap polish.

I didn't apply a third coat as I found two was sufficient enough to get a good amount of opacity on the nails. As it is a textured polish it does leave a kind of grainy texture on the top of the nails which doesn't bother me, but it can be easily solved by applying a top coat on top if you so wish to.

I find that I can get at least 3-4 days wear out of it with minor chipping before any big chips appear on the nails. For a polish that only costs £3.99 you can't complain at all. I love the look it leaves on my nails and the colour is stunning. For me this is the perfect rose gold nail as it is a muted rose gold colour but still gives the hint of rose gold to any outfit look.

Overall I would recommend this polish to anyone who is looking for sparkly rose gold nails that are still quite natural. For the price it lasts a decent amount of time and looks stunning on the nails. Have you tried this polish?, what is your favourite nail look?. Leave me a comment down below telling me.

I will be back on Thursday at 11am with a first impressions of The Balm Mary Lou Manizer. Until then have a wonderful week.

Thanks for reading,
Until next time,
Heathers World.


SHARE:
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig