Thursday, 26 May 2016

Blogging Break- Detrimental or Beneficial



Hey everyone,

For todays post I thought I would talk to you about blogging breaks. I recently took a break from blogging for a week, and thought I would share my thoughts on if it has been detrimental to the blog or beneficial.

Taking a blogging break is a big decision to make and not an easy one at that. I had been blogging at least twice a week every week since January so it was hard for me to take that plunge. I wasn't feeling at all well due to my wisdom tooth two weeks ago so decided it would be a great time for me to take that break. I decided that a week long break would be long enough, but I did have some concerns which I will address in this post.

My first concern was that my numbers would drop, and by this I mean my views and followers on twitter would drop due to the lack of presence online. I try and not get hung up on numbers a lot as I understand that every blog is different and it takes a long time to grow a following on social media, but it is hard to watch the followers and views drop when you have put your heart and soul into a piece of work. I did notice that my stats had dropped from the week I was away so from this point of view the break was detrimental as my stats did drop as expected.

The next concern I had goes along with the previous point and it was that people would forgot that my blog existed. Not only was I taking time of my blog but I was taking time of from social media as well. When I found out what was wrong with me I had planned to schedule tweets for the week but I just didn't feel up to going on the laptop never mind tweet. Luckily I was wrong about people forgetting me as my lovely blogging friends left comments on my blog and twitter when I did tweet. I just want to say a huge thank you for everyone who asked how I was and left me comments I can't say thank you enough. So from this point of view it wasn't a detrimental at all.

The third concern I had was that after having a break I wouldn't be able to get back into the swing of things. I was worried that after having a week of I wouldn't feel like blogging and wouldn't be able to get back in to the grove of it. I am pleased to announce that it has had the complete opposite effect on me, having a week of has made me even more determined to get organised with the blog. I have also decided to have a theme on my Instagram which I am trying to stick to. Looking at it this way it has been beneficial as it has giving me a kick up the bum to work even harder on my blog.

The final concern I had would be that I would run out of ideas for things to talk about on my blog. While working on my blog constantly I always think up new ideas for posts as I find inspiration everywhere, so taking a break I thought that I would struggle to come up with new ideas. I have also found this to have the opposite effect as it has spurred me on to come up with even better content and to improve my blog as much as possible. I am not expecting it to become a superstar blog but this break has made me realise that if I put even more hard work into my blog then it will pay off. So this has been beneficial.

Overall I have found this break to be both beneficial and detrimental, it has had it positives and negatives but I don't regret it. I think it is good to take a break every now and again as it helps you come back even more motivated and determined to make your blog a success.

Leave me a comment down below letting me know what you think of blogging breaks and if you have taken one what the impact was. I hope you all have a lovely bank holiday weekend and I will be back Sunday with a new post.

Thanks for reading,
Until next time,
Heathers World
SHARE:
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig