Thursday, 4 February 2016

My current haircare routine



I know the flowers are no relation to the post,
I just thought they look pretty. My own image made on Canva 



Hey everyone,

For todays post I thought I would talk to you about my current haircare routine. This is a routine that I have had for just over a year now. Some of the products do change and some may come and go depending on the state of my hair. the shampoo and conditioner have been staples for over a year now. Disclaimer all the photos apart from the shampoo and conditioner
one were found of pinterest and I do not own them.

So Ill start of with shampoo and conditioner. These have been staples and only on the odd occasion I have used something else if I can't get ahold of them. The shampoo and conditioner I use are the Pantene Pro V expert collection advanced keratin. I find these to be really hydrating and give a bit of a shine to your hair. My hair can get dry and dull easily but these bring back the moisture to my hair really well. They lather up quite well as well. The only downside is they are more expensive than your regular shampoo and conditioner as they are from the expert collection range. These cost £5.99 each and are available from Boots.




Now Ill go onto hair masks, this isn't something I use regularly but the one I have is the advanced keratin repair 2min restorative mask. I will mostly use this instead of conditioner as it gives a good hydrating boost.I put it on after shampooing my hair and Ill leave it on for at least two minutes sometimes Ill leave it on for longer if I have time. It claims to restore split ends which I personally don't feel it does, but it does help with frizz and hydrating the hair really well. I haven't really tried many masks so I don't have anything to compare it to. This retails for £6.99 for 200ml and can be found at boots.

Now onto treatments their are three that I switch between regularly depending on what my hair needs.  The first one I use is the Pantene pro-v advance keratin split end fuser, this has a similar look and texture to the shampoo. It claims to restore keratin to fuse, reduce and repair split ends. This is something I am a bit sceptical about as I don't believe split ends can be repaired, but what I find it does do is add a hydrating shot to the mid lengths and ends of my hair and helps make my hair a bit more shiny. what I do is Ill blow dry my hair after washing and then pump the smallest bit in my hand and distribute between the mid lengths and ends of my hair. The best thing about this product is that you only need the smallest amount so the one bottle will last you a long time.

The next treatment I use is the Pantene pro-v expert collection hydra intensify velvet cream infusion. This has a similar texture to the split end fuser and I use it in a smiler way. I blow dry my hair then apply two pumps and distribute evenly throughout my hair. This is the most hydrating treatment I have I find that it can make my dry hair go from being unmanageable to being manageable. This is the one treatment product that I would recommend 100% and it is totally worth the money. This retails for £6.99 and can be found at Boots.

The final treatment is Phillip Kingsley elasticizer. It took me ages to buy this product as I didn't want to give in to the hype but I eventually caved. This is a pre shampoo treatment so what you do is wet your hair so its damp them apply this evenly throughout the hair, I then put a shower cap on. They say if you have fine hair like me leave it on for 15-20 minutes but I find the longer it's left on the better the results are. I am still not 100% sure about this product but It dose give a decent level of moissture to the hair. The downside to this product is the cost, It costs £17.00 for 75ml so it's not cheap.


Their you have it my current hair care routine, Leave me a comment down below telling me what is your haircare staple. I hope you liked this post, don't forget to come back on sunday at 11am where I will have another post waiting.

Thanks for reading,
Until next time,
Heathers world.
SHARE:
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig