Sunday, 7 February 2016

Canva - How I use it.






Hey everyone,

For todays post I thought I would talk about a website I use quite a lot and that is Canva. I stumbled across Canva when looking for a website to design my header for my blog.

Canva is a website in which you can design a range of things. They have templates for things such as an Instagram post, blog title or blog graphic. If these don't fit the dimensions you like you can use your own custom dimensions.

Once you have chosen your dimensions you can then start creating, the first thing I created was my blog header. I uploaded some pictures that I took and also used some of the free text boxes available. Canva is free as long as you only use the free items available. If you want to use the nicer looking ones then it's $1 for each item used. Below is my header that I created it was simple and easy to make and also didn't take me a lot of time.



What I really like about canva is that it is so easy to navigate when compared to the likes of photoshop. It obviously hasn't got all the editing features that photoshop has but for a new blogger starting out it's perfect.

What I also love is that you can make things that you can reuse, for example last night I was having a play about with the free illustrations that are available, and came up with these designs below. These I can then reuse as all I have to do is upload them myself and edit to my liking. They have a range of backgrounds, images, illustrations, text, frames available for you to use. I have used Canva quite a lot recently for post title images and couldn't be happier with the way they turned out.

Some of the designs I made
One of the designs that I editied.

Overall I would recommend canva as it's quick and easy to use and also has a lot available to first time designers even by just using the free stuff. I will say though it doesn't offer a lot of technical features for editing images so bear that in mind.


My favourite thing a bow.



 
Little disclaimer I wasn't sponsored by Canva to do this post I just thought I would show you how I make some of my graphics. I hoped you liked this post, if you have any questions about Canva leave them below and I will get back to you asap. Feel free to follow me on any of my social media.

Thanks for reading,
Until next time,
Heather's World




SHARE:
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig