Sunday, 10 January 2016

Happy Birthday Blog- One year on what I have learnt and looking to the future.



Photo found on Instagram, credit to the owners I do not own photo.


Hey everyone,

So today I have a very exciting post for you guys, It is one year since I posted my first ever blog post.
I can't believe it has been a whole year of me posting, so I thought for this post I would share what I have learnt and talk about the future of the blog.

Having been a blogger for a year now I have learnt a lot about blogging and being a blogger.  One of the biggest things I have learnt is to be yourself and be passionate about your blog content. I have always been myself from the beginning and thats the best way to be, even if your tastes are different to other popular bloggers. Be yourself and find a niche that you love to talk about, your passion will show through in your content if it's something you love.

The second thing I have learnt is that you don't need to rush out and buy expensive equipment straight away. All of my blog post photos up to now have been either of Pinterest or taken on my iPhone. When you start out you don't need to rush out and buy a dslr camera or a macbook. I got my macbook before I started blogging so it was never bought for that purpose and my Dslr I got was so I could take more photos at family events and when I travel.  I haven't even used my dslr camera yet for blog photos (although I will start).

When your first starting out use your camera on your phone, the photos will turn out fine and it means you don't end up paying for an expensive camera and then decide you don't want to blog anymore.

The third thing I learnt was become active on social media accounts. It took me a good while to have the courage to open a twitter account. I don't know why I didn't bother sooner, it helps you to connect with fellow bloggers and brands, but it also gives you the chance to expand your following and interact with likeminded people. I also have an Instagram account for my blog which I don't use as often as I am permanently logged into my personal one of my phone. Take advantage of social media use it to your advantage it's a great tool.

The final thing I have learnt about blogging is that it will take time to grow your blog, don't expect to become a internet sensation overnight. It will take time find your niche and go with it and your blog will slowly grow. be proactive get involved and sign up to websites such as the bloggers lounge or the  blogger program. Overall understand that it takes time and dedication to grow your blog.

Now onto the future of the blog, for 2016 I have a few Ideas planned. I am thinking of doing a book review series as I have a number of books to reed so if you would like to see that let me know.
I am also thinking about doing a post on how to deal with anxiety and panic attacks. I want to do more personal posts as well so please leave some comments with what you would like to see.

This year will be the year the blog gets better, some of my regrets are that I wasn't as consistent in 2015 and unfortunately a lot of the time my posts are pre written on weekends as that is my only spare time. I work a very awkward shift in work as I am out the house from 4-10pm every weekday and normally the mornings are spent doing jobs I have to complete. My goal for this year is at least one post a week if not more.

Heres to a year of learning and growing and lets make the second year a year of consistency and success. A big big thank you to everyone who has stuck with me for my first year of blogging and welcome to any new followers. Lets raise a glass to this year Cheers!!.

Thank you for reading my post, feel free to follow me on my blog or any of my social media,

Thanks for reading,
Until next time,
Heathers World.
SHARE:
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig